Microwave WiFi Connect - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
Microwaves with WiFi Connect have Built-In WiFi. Visit Connected Microwaves for all WiFi Connect microwaves.
To set up WiFi Connect on your microwave:
Download the Kitchen - GE Appliances app.
The Kitchen - GE Appliances app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App.
Connect your microwave.
Open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Choose "Microwave" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On your Microwave control panel, press and hold the "WiFi Connect" pad for 3 seconds until the WiFi logo flashes on the panel. Press Next on the App.
- In the App, type in the password found on a label on the front frame of the microwave, visible when the door is opened. It is next to next to the model and serial tag.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE network listed on the microwave display. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- This will start communication between the App and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start.
- The appliance is connected once the App says "Connected!"
To use your microwave's Connected features, use the U+ Connect skill in Alexa.
- First, ensure your WiFi Connect microwave is Connected to your home network. For assistance, go to geappliances.com/ConnectHelp.
- Open the Alexa App.
- Go to Skills & Games and Search "U+ Connect."
- Click on U+ Connect and click the ENABLE button.
- Enter your GE Appliances Account username and password and hit "sign in."
- Say "Discover Devices" to your Alexa device to link your account to Alexa.
If you have difficulty connecting your microwave: Microwave Built-In WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].