Air Conditioner - Set-Up Built-In WiFi
When you have a window room air conditioner with Built-In WiFi powered by SmartHQ, you will need to set-up the air conditioner to take advantage of every feature offered by the air conditioner.
- To determine if your model has WiFi capability, visit: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Capability?
- Visit Smart Air Conditioners for all current Built-In WiFi Air Conditioners
To set up WiFi on your air conditioner:
Download the Comfort - GE Appliances app.
The Comfort - GE Appliances App can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the app on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi account.
- If you already have a WiFi account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the app.
Connect your air conditioner.
Open the Comfort - GE Appliances app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Choose "Window Air Conditioner" to get to the Welcome screen. Press Next.
- Turn on the air conditioner and press the "WiFi Connect" button until the LED light starts flashing.
- Find the Connected Appliance Info label on the right side of the air conditioner. The label contains the network name and password.
- Type in the password from the Info label.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GEA network listed on the Info label. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- This will start communication between the app and the air conditioner.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start and app will track the connecting process.
- The air conditioner is Connected once the LED is solid and the app says "Congratulations!"
For further assistance, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].