Range and Wall Oven - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
Ranges and Wall Ovens with WiFi Connect have Built-In WiFi. This feature is called Remote Enable, and is available on select freestanding ranges, double wall ovens, and single wall ovens. Visit Connected Ranges & Wall Ovens for all WiFi Connect cooking products.
To set up WiFi Connect on your range or wall oven:
Download the Smart HQ app (formerly the Kitchen - GE Appliances app).
The Smart HQ app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and Sign In or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App. Creating an account on the Smart HQ app:
Determine your control type.
There are three types of ways to set Remote Enable on WiFi Connect ranges and wall ovens:
- Range Control - Applies to all WiFi Connect ranges
- Wall Oven (Touch Pad) - Has pushbuttons (touch pad) for Oven Control
- Wall Oven (Knob) - Has a knob for Oven Control
Hint: If you are unsure of which control type you have, open the Smart HQ app and sign into your account. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Press the ! symbol next to "Range," "Wall Oven (Knob)," or the "Wall Oven (Touch Pad)" to view a picture of each control panel.
Connect your appliance.
Open the Smart HQ app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Choose the range or wall oven option that matches your control panel to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On your range or wall oven control panel, select Remote Enable:
- Range Control - Press and hold the "Remote Enable" button until the WiFi icon starts flashing on the display. Press Next on the App.
- Wall Oven (Touch Pad) - Press and hold the "Remote Enable" button until the WiFi icon starts flashing on the display. Press Next on the App.
- Wall Oven (Knob) - Turn the Oven Control knob to Remote Enable and keep the Temperature knob on off. Press and hold in the small "Push to Enter" knob (button) until the WiFi icon starts flashing on the display. Press Next on the App.
- Find the "Connected Appliance Information" label inside the oven, around the door. Press Next.
- In the App, type in the password found on the Connected Appliance Information label. Press Next.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE network listed on the Info label. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- Getting your appliance connected to your Android smart phone:
- This will start communication between the App and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start. When the WiFi icon on the appliance display stops flashing and becomes solid, in the App, press OK
- The appliance is connected once the App says "Congratulations!"
If you have difficulty connecting your range: Range and Wall Oven Built-In WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].