Amazon Alexa Set Up for Smart Appliances
SmartHQ™ works with Amazon Alexa to take Smart Appliances to the next level with hands-free voice control. To use the Amazon Alexa SmartHQ skill, you must have one or more smart appliances from our family of brands, including GE, GE Profile, Monogram, Café, Haier, and Fisher & Paykel, connected to your WiFi with the SmartHQ™ app.
About Smart Appliances and Amazon Alexa Devices
With SmartHQ, you can use simple voice commands like: "Alexa, defrost two pounds of chicken in my microwave" or "Alexa, add 30 seconds to the microwave." For a full list of features and voice prompts, go to Amazon Alexa Benefits for Smart Appliances
Set Up Alexa Before Using Voice Control
- First, ensure your smart appliance is Connected to your home network. For assistance, go to geappliances.com/ConnectHelp
- Open the Alexa App.
- Go to Skills & Games and Search "SmartHQ"
- Click on SmartHQ and click the ENABLE button.
- Enter your GE Appliances Account username and password and hit "sign in."
- Say "Discover Devices" to your Alexa device to link your account to Alexa.
For further assistance, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday-Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday- Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected]