Dishwasher - Set-Up Optional WiFi Connect with ConnectPlus Module
Dishwashers with Optional WiFi Connect can connect to WiFi using the Connect Plus module.
WiFi Connect features:
- Visit Connected Dishwashers for all WiFi Connect dishwashers.
- Determine if your dishwasher has WiFi Connect: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Connect Capability?
To set up WiFi Connect on your dishwasher:
Download the Kitchen - GE Appliances app.
The Kitchen - GE Appliances app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App. Creating an account on the Kitchen - GE Appliances app:
Check if your appliance is compatible with the Connect Plus module.
Open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add an Appliance" screen. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" if you don't have a 'connect Appliances Information" label. On Optional WiFi Connect models, you will not have a label.
- On the "Have Connect Plus?" screen, press the arrow next to "Purchase a Connect Plus" to enter your appliance model number.
- The App will confirm if the appliance supports Connect Plus. If it does, you will have a link to order the module online or purchase the Connect Plus module here: PBX10W00Y0.
Connect your dishwasher.
Once you received the Connect Plus module, open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign into your account. From the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to get to the "Add an Appliance" options. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" if you don't have a 'connect Appliances Information" label.
- On the "Have Connect Plus?" screen, press Next.
- Find the network name and password in the back of the Connect Plus. Press Next.
- Enter the password you found on the back of the Connect Plus. Press Next.
- Plug the Connect Plus module into your appliance. If you don't know where to connect the Connect Plus module, press "how to plug it in?".
- Remove the toekick (bottom cover) by removing the two screws holding it on at each end. Find the RJ45 Connector and plug in the Connect Plus.
- Check to make sure the LED on the Connect Plus is flashing.
- If it is not flashing, press and hold the button on the Connect Plus until the LED is flashing.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE network listed on the Connect Plus. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- This will start communication between the App and the dishwasher.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start.
- The dishwasher is connected once the App says "Connected!"
If you have difficulty connecting your dishwasher, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].