Dishwasher - Set-Up Optional WiFi with Connect Module
Smart dishwashers with Optional WiFi can connect to your home WiFi using the Connect Module powered by SmartHQ™: PBX23W00Y0
- Visit Smart Dishwashers for all current dishwashers.
- Determine if your dishwasher has WiFi capability: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Capability?
To set up your dishwasher:
Download the SmartHQ App.
The SmartHQ app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the SmartHQ app on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi account.
- If you already have a WiFi account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the SmartHQ app.
Check if your appliance is compatible with the Connect Module.
Open the SmartHQ app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add an Appliance" screen. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" if you don't have a "Connected Appliances Information" label. With Optional WiFi models, you will not have a label on the appliance; the label is on the Connect Module.
- On the "Have Connect Module?" screen, press the arrow next to "Purchase a Connect Module" to enter your appliance model number.
- The SmartHQ app will confirm if the appliance supports the Connect Module. If it does, you will have a link to order the module online or purchase the Connect Module here: PBX23W00Y0.
Connect your dishwasher.
Once you received the Connect Module, open the SmartHQ app and sign into your account. From the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to get to the "Add an Appliance" options. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" if you don't have a "Connected Appliances Information" label.
- On the "Have ConnectPlus / U+ Connect ?" screen, press Next.
- Find the network name and password in the back of the Connect Module. Press Next.
- Enter the password you found on the back of the Connect Module. Press Next.
- Plug the Connect Module into your appliance. If you don't know where to connect the module, press "how to plug it in?"
- Remove the toekick (bottom cover) by removing the two screws holding it on at each end. Find the RJ45 Connector and plug in the Connect Module.
- Check to make sure the LED on the Connect Module is flashing.
- If it is not flashing, press and hold the button on the module until the LED is flashing.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE network listed on the Connect Module. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the SmartHQ app.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the SmartHQ app. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- This will start communication between the SmartHQ app and the dishwasher.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start.
- The dishwasher is connected once the SmartHQ app says "Connected!"