Refrigerator Exterior Cleaning Tips
The steel exterior of your refrigerator should be cleaned regularly to avoid wear and rust spots on the outside of the cabinet.
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
All refrigerators* can be cleaned with a mild solution of soap and warm water with a clean, soft cloth or microfiber cloth. They should be wiped dry with a soft clean cloth or microfiber towel to avoid streaking or water spotting.
*Includes: Slate, Black Slate, Stainless, Black Stainless, Fingerprint Resistant Stainless, CleanSteel, and "Color Finishes" like Black, White, Bisque, Silver, Almond, etc.
To prevent scratching, do not use the following for cleaning:
- Stainless Steel Cleaners
- Soap-filled scouring pads
- Abrasive cleaners
- Bleach or any product containing chlorine bleach
- Abrasive cloths and paper towels.
- Window sprays
- Vinegar or acidic/vinegar-based cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Alkaline cleaners
For More Recommendations:
- For Fingerprint Resistant Stainless
- For Slate and Black Slate: Cleaning Slate Appliances and Black Slate
- For Stainless Steel exteriors: How to Clean Stainless Steel
- Wipe with a clean, damp cloth and an appliance polish or a mild household detergent.
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Mr. Clean Orange Cleaner can be used to clean your refrigerator door handles. You can purchase a 4pk of the Mr Clean Magic Erase, part number WX10X10002.
- View a short video about cleaning door handles: