Refrigerator - Exterior Cleaning Tips
The steel exterior of your refrigerator should be cleaned regularly to avoid wear and rust spots on the outside of the cabinet.
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
All refrigerators* can be cleaned with a mild solution of soap and warm water with a clean, soft cloth or microfiber cloth. They should be wiped dry with a soft clean cloth or microfiber towel to avoid streaking or water spotting.
*Includes: Slate, Black Slate, Stainless, Black Stainless, Fingerprint Resistant Stainless, CleanSteel, and "Color Finishes" like Black, White, Bisque, Silver, Almond, etc.
To prevent scratching, do not use the following for cleaning:
- Stainless steel cleaners
- Soap-filled scouring pads
- Abrasive cleaners
- Bleach or any product containing chlorine bleach
- Abrasive cloths and paper towels.
- Window sprays
- Vinegar or acidic/vinegar-based cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Alkaline cleaners
For More Recommendations
- For Fingerprint Resistant Stainless
- For Slate and Black Slate: Cleaning Slate Appliances and Black Slate
- For Stainless Steel exteriors: How to Clean Stainless Steel
View a short video about cleaning the exterior of your refrigerator:
Wipe with a clean, damp cloth and an appliance polish or a mild household detergent.
The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Mr. Clean Orange Cleaner can be used to clean your refrigerator door handles. You can purchase a 4-pack of the Mr. Clean Magic Erase, part number WX10X10002.
View a short video about cleaning door handles: