Dishwasher - Set-Up Built-In WiFi
Smart dishwashers have Built-In WiFi or Optional WiFi powered by SmartHQ™. Optional WiFi dishwashers connect to WiFi using the Connect Module. For WiFi set-up of these models: Dishwasher - Set-Up Optional WiFi with Connect Module.
WiFi Connect features:
- Visit Smart Dishwashers for current models
- Determine if your dishwasher has WiFi capability: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Capability?
To set up your dishwasher:
Download the SmartHQ App.The SmartHQ app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the SmartHQ app on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi account.
- If you already have a WiFi account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the SmartHQ app.
Connect your dishwasher.
Open the SmartHQ app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On your dishwasher control panel, press and hold the "Wash Temp" and "Power Dry" pads for 3 seconds until the display shows "Ready to Connect." Press Next on the SmartHQ app.
- Push the Start pad on the dishwasher. The display will then show the network name and password.
- In the SmartHQ app, type in the password found on the dishwasher display.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE Appliances network listed on the dishwasher display. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the SmartHQ app.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the SmartHQ App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- This will start communication between the SmartHQ app and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start.
- The appliance is connected once the SmartHQ app says "Connected!"
For further assistance, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].