Dishwasher - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
Dishwashers with WiFi Connect have Built-In WiFi. Models with Optional WiFi Connect can connect to WiFi using the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module. For WiFi Connect set-up of these models: Dishwasher - Set-Up Optional WiFi Connect with ConnectPlus / U+ Connect Module.
WiFi Connect features:
- Visit Connected Dishwashers for all WiFi Connect dishwashers.
- Determine if your dishwasher has WiFi Connect: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Connect Capability?
To set up WiFi Connect on your dishwasher:
Download the Kitchen - GE Appliances app.
The Kitchen - GE Appliances app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and sign in or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App. Creating an account on the Kitchen - GE Appliances app:
Connect your dishwasher.
Open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign in. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Choose "Dishwasher" to get to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On your dishwasher control panel, press and hold the "Wash Temp" and "Power Dry" pads for 3 seconds until the display shows "Ready to Connect." Press Next on the App.
- Push the Start pad on the dishwasher. The display will then show the network name and password.
- In the App, type in the password found on the dishwasher display.
- You will be directed to go to your phone's WiFi settings and join the GE network listed on the dishwasher display. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- Getting your appliance connected to your Android smart phone:
- This will start communication between the App and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start.
- The appliance is connected once the App says "Connected!"
If you have difficulty connecting your dishwasher: Dishwasher Built-In WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].