Dishwasher Will Not Run, Has Lights or Sound
If your dishwasher will not start, but has power (light or sound), then there are a few things you can do to get the dishwasher to run again.
Check the Control Lock feature
- Control Lock Feature: Electronic models have a child lock-out feature to prevent the dishwasher from accidentally being turned on. Make sure the Lock feature is turned "OFF" according to the instructions in your Owner's Manual.
- For model specific directions:. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
- View a general video about the Control Lock feature:
Door Not Latching Properly
- Make sure there is nothing preventing the door from closing securely, like trim, insulation, the countertop, etc.
Make sure the Delay Start is not on
- On models with a delay hours button, the delayed start feature may be activated. For more information: Dishwasher Delay Start Option
- Some models have a Sleep/Sabbath Mode, which turns off all lights and sounds to turn this feature on/off check the owner’s manual for model specific information: Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
- Make sure the dishwasher is not in Demo Mode. For more information: Dishwasher - Demo Mode
Dishwasher Making a Slight Humming Noise But Will Not Run:
- Models starting with GDF/GDT/PDT/CDT/DDT/ADT/ZDT: Add one pint of hot tap water to the bottom of the dishwasher and allow it to run for five minutes.
- Other models:? Hums and Will Not Fill
Is the Flood Float stuck?
- GDF/GDT/PDT/CDT/DDT/ADT/ZDT models: Dishwasher Flood Float
- All other models will require service.
Leak Detection Feature:
- For models with an LCD display you may have a leak protection feature that is preventing your dishwasher from running. For more information: Dishwashers – Floor Protect / Leak Protection Feature
If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, service may be needed. For service, please schedule an appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.