Range and Wall Oven WiFi Connect - Starting Your Oven Remotely
The Remote Enable feature on WiFi Connect wall ovens and ranges allows you to start your oven remotely by using the Kitchen - GE Appliances app on your smartphone, or hands-free control with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant*.
The appliance needs to be connected to your home network before using the Remote Enable pad. For help getting Connected, visit: Range and Wall Oven - Set Up Built-In WiFi Connect
For more information about using Amazon Alexa for hands-free voice control of your WiFi Connect GE Appliances, see: Amazon Alexa Benefits for WiFi Connect Appliances
For more information about using the Google Assistant for hands-free voice control of your WiFi Connect GE Appliances, see: The Google Assistant Benefits for WiFi Connect Appliances
To start the oven remotely:
- You must first press the Remote Enable pad on the control panel or turn the knob to Remote Enable (on some wall ovens). You cannot start the oven remotely without first engaging Remote Enable. Consult your Owner's Manual for directions. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual.
- This step ensures the safe operation of this feature so that nothing flammable is placed in the oven (other than the food) after enabling this feature and before cooking has started.
- Once activated, "Remote" will be lit in the display and the oven can now be remotely started through the Kitchen - GE Appliances app or by using Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant.
- Remote Enable turns off when the cooking cycle ends, you open the door, or if you cancel the feature. We recommend pressing the Remote Enable button each time you turn off the oven (or remove your food) so this feature will be ready for remote use the next time you need it.
For more information about using Remote Enable:
- Range and Wall Oven WiFi Connect - Control Your Oven Remotely
- Range and Wall Oven WiFi Connect - Cancel Remote Enable
- Range and Wall Oven WiFi Connect - Tips for Using Remote Enable
If you are having issues with the Remote Enable feature, WiFi Connectivity to your oven, or the Kitchen - GE Appliances app, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].
*Google is a trademark of Google LLC.